Re: Amaya 8.6 bug: keyboard shortcuts

On Friday 21 October 2005 18:27, Joseph Reagle wrote:
> > On Monday 12 September 2005 19:46, Joseph Reagle wrote:
> > > Not sure what happened, but now using amaya_gtk-8.8.1-1_i386.deb and my
> > > close window shortcut isn't working anymore -- see amaya.keyboard
> > > below.
> >
> > As I see in your amaya.keyboard below, there is no shortcut for
> > AmayaCloseWindow (the line is commented)
> >
> > > #open
> > > #Ctrl <Key>w:   AmayaCloseWindow()
> > > Ctrl <Key>w:    AmayaCloseTab()
> >
> > AmayaCloseTab is noly available with WX versions.
>
> OK. However, with the keyboard file below, I still cannot get
> amaya_gtk-8.8.1-1_i386.deb to associate with the close window menu option.
> (Sorry to be such a pest on this, but I obviously confused myself and
> testing new versions, and the WX version is still a little too slow for me
> on start up, but I do seem to be sticking with gtk 8.8.1 and that is the
> one I can't close a window with using the keyboard.)

If there is no other Ctrl <Key>w in your keyboard file, I suspect an error in
the parsing of previous lines. I made the change in my keyboard file and it
works.

In the new release we adopt GTK standard (Ctrl+x to cut, Ctrl+v to paste)
That will make Amaya shortcuts compatible with Firefox and other editing tools
except Emacs.
I will redirect the WX AmayaCloseTab() shortcut to the GTK AmayaCloseWindow(),
so Ctrl+w will close a tab in WX version and a window in GTK version.

--
     Irène.
-----