Re: Gdk-ERROR **: 86 encircled.

Hallo,

thankyou for your immediate and very informative response.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Irene Vatton wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:42:50 +0200 (CEST)
> Hans-Georg Fischer <hg.liste@snafu.de> wrote:
> > > xset fp+ /usr/local/Amaya-8.6/Amaya/fonts/
> > X Error of failed request:  86
> >   Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
> >
> > I don't know enough about the Xserver to decide if this is normal
> > behaviour for Xterminals?
>
> Yes, it's normal as long as your Xterminal cannot load these remote fonts

But I'm using xfs on the terminalserver. Do you know why
xset fp+ /usr/local/Amaya-8.6/Amaya/fonts/
as well as the XSetFontPath call in font.c produce the same error?

> but it's not normal that GDK stops.
So what went wrong?

> > Also I don't know what I am missing after commenting out the
> > XSetFontPath call. I added the fontpath
> > /usr/local/Amaya-8.5/Amaya/fonts/ manually to the config file of xfs.
>
> Amaya uses special fonts to display the Style>Format dialog.

Ok the Style>Format dialog works, because I added the path manually to
the config file of xfs.

So what's the solution, is there something wrong with my
xfs/Xserver setup or is it caused by amaya?

--
Hans-Gerog Fischer