Re: Cannot compile amaya_wx off CVS

Hi Mark,

Are you sure you
1. Install the tar (untar) on a fresh position
2. Go into the Amaya directory
3. Generate a WX subdirectory
4. Move into this WX subdirectory
5. Execute "../configure --with-wx"
6. Launch make

We tested that procedure on several platforms. It works provided
the GTK libs are available.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:42:41 +0000
Mark Pierce <mark.pierce@xerberos.com> wrote:

> Stephane Gully wrote:
>

> >> After several days and several updates, I contunue to draw fatal
> >> errors in compiling the thotlib drawn from CVS. At least it seems to
> >> have resolved finding it's include files, although these still have
> >> syntax problems. In particular, ../thotlib/include/AmayaApp.h
> >

> > Could you try with this sources package ?
> >
> > http://wam.inrialpes.fr/software/amaya/amaya-fullsrc-9.0-pre4.tgz
> >
> Irene Vatton wrote:
>
> > Could you test the following source package
> >    http://wam.inrialpes.fr/software/amaya/amaya-fullsrc-9.0-pre4.tgz
> >     Irene.
> > -----
> > Irène Vatton                     INRIA Rhône-Alpes
> > INRIA                               ZIRST
> > e-mail: Irene.Vatton@inria.fr       655 avenue de l'Europe
> > Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 61             Montbonnot
> > Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex - France
> >

> Hello Irene,
>
> I brought down the full package and ran the compilation. It crashed on
> the final linking with:
>
> g++: ../redland/raptor/.libs/libraptor.a: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [../bin/amaya] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/makis/src2/amaya/Amaya/WX/amaya'
> make: *** [amaya_prog] Error 2
>
> Under ~/src2/amaya/redland/raptor, there is no ".libs/" directory.
>
> I didn't redirect the compile output but somewhere along the way:
> Redland complained of the lack of Sleepycat. I have binaries for db1,
> db3 and db4 and devel for db4 installed.
> Turtle complained about the flex version. I have flex-2.5.4a.
>
> I'll look at it again after lunch.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark
>

> Stephane, I'll post this to the devel list so that we don't step on each
> others comments anymore ;-)

     Irene.
-----