Re: Unable to build Amaya 8.2 on windows 2000

From: Irene Vatton <irene.vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:21:33 +0100
To: "Raza S." <razacs@hotmail.com>
Cc: www-amaya-dev@w3.org

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:05:50 -0500 (EST)
"Raza S." <razacs@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Dev,
>
> I unzipped and attempted to build Amaya 8.2 for Windows using VC++ 6.0 SP 5
> on Windows 2000 Advanced server.
> I followed the instructions for compiling for windows.
> The Compilers project succeeded in building.
> The amaya project failed with these errors:
>
> 'D:\AmayaProj\Amaya\libraptor\raptor_uri.c'
> Compiling...
> ntriples_parse.c
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
> 'D:\AmayaProj\Amaya\libraptor\ntriples_parse.c': No such file or directory
> raptor_parse.c
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
> 'D:\AmayaProj\Amaya\libraptor\raptor_parse.c': No such file or directory
> raptor_uri.c
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
> 'D:\AmayaProj\Amaya\libraptor\raptor_uri.c': No such file or directory
>
> I noticed that the Amaya\libraptor subdirectory was missing in the zip file.
> I then created a subdirectory called libraptor under Amaya directory and
> copied all the files from the subdirectory Redland\raptor to the newly
> created subdirectory Amaya\libraptor. I then compiled the liraptor.lib that
> was compiled without any errors.
>
> But when I rebuilt the Amaya project, it failed with the following errors:
>
> annotlib.lib(ANNOTschemas.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _raptor_free
> annotlib.lib(AHTrdf2annot.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _raptor_free
> annotlib.lib(ANNOTschemas.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__raptor_parse_file
> annotlib.lib(AHTrdf2annot.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__raptor_parse_file
> annotlib.lib(ANNOTschemas.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__raptor_set_statement_handler
> annotlib.lib(AHTrdf2annot.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__raptor_set_statement_handler
> annotlib.lib(ANNOTschemas.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _raptor_new
> annotlib.lib(AHTrdf2annot.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _raptor_new
> ...\bin/amaya.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> amaya.exe - 9 error(s), 16 warning(s)
>
> Could you please help? The complete log file amaya.plg is attached with this
> email.
>
> Thanks,
> Nadeem

Humm, Linux versions use redland and Windows versions use libraptor.
When the tar source was generated only redland was included.
You can download now the Amaya/libraptor subdirectory at:
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Distribution/amaya-libraptor.tgz

Regards
     Irene.
-----