Re: Few question About MahML in Amaya

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:52:43 -0700 (PDT)
Chen Fe Pong <thefeping@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir/madam,
>
> I have some question about MathML in Amaya:
>
> 1. There are several display function for displaying
> box. I want to know what display function are invloved
> in displaying MathML. I think they are :
> DisplayJustifiedText(), DisplaySymbol(),
> DisplayBorder(). (correct me if i'm wrong please ?)
> because i think math expression only consist character
> and symbol.

True.

> 2. if i have MathML like this:
> <math>
>   <mroot>
>     <mi>a<mi>
>     <mi>n<mi>
>   </mroot>
> </math>
>
> I think the tree structure like this:
>
>        main root
>           math
>          mroot
>         mn    mn
>          |     |
>          a     n
>
> but when i trace the code, i find out that when it
> call
> chechMathSubExpression() function the tree become :
>
>        main root
>           math
>          mroot
>   Baseroot   index
>      |         |
>      mn       mn
>      |         |
>      a         n
>
> Am i right or wrong? Why is it become like that?

Amaya adds internals nodes in the tree to improve the
rendering. A mn that plays the role of Baseroot is not
displayed in the same way as the mn that plays the role
of index. The document tree includes additional information
that avoids to check every time the position of the mn element
when it's within a mroot.

> So i also get confuse with the tree of abstract box.
> Can somebody tell me the structure of the document
> tree and abstarct box tree ??

All document elements are present in the document tree but
there is no presentation information in that tree.
An abstarct box tree describes a view of the document.
So when you have the main view and the structure view open
there is one docment tree and two abstarct box trees.
As presentation information is quite expensive in memory
space, the Thotlib generates only the minimum necessary
part of each abstarct box tree (it depends on the size of the
window). For large documents abstarct box trees are often
not complete, and are regenerated when the user scrolls.

> Irene told me to compile Amaya with -DAMAYA_DEBUG, but
> there are no file created (view.debug and box.debug ?)
>
> Can someone give me a hint please?

Select Help > About Amaya to generate these files.