Re: Amaya and Thot Toolkit API

I guess you should read:

   http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/AmayaArchi.html

which is a short introduction to the Amaya Architecture.
You should also read:

    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Appman.html

which explains how to build an application based on Thot.
See more comments in line.

Chen Fe Pong wrote:
> dear Sir/madam,
>
> I am a student currently working on : how the MathML
> script can become
> a matematical expression by studying the amaya source
> code.
> It seems that amaya use The Thot Toolkit API. So my
> lecturer said that
> i must understand the thot Toolkit first. He told me
> to make a simple
> application using Thot.
> I have some question:
> 1. Amaya use Thot for creating MathML document.
>    Does Amaya use thot function for displaying the
> MathML document ?

Yes. In fact it uses Thot functions to create and modify
the tree structure and Thot displays the corresponding
elements based on the MathML presentation schema (file
MathMLP.P). To know more about presentation schema and
the P language, refer to:

     http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/languages.html

> 2. Can i make a simple application using Thot Toolkit
> under windows?

Yes, you can. Amaya is in fact a Thot application. Look at
file EDITOR.A, which defines Amaya as a Thot application.
To understand this file, refer to

    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/languages.html

>    cause i heard that Thot is not available on windows
> platform.
> 3. I already have The Thot Toolkit API manuals that
> contains
>    about 200 functions. But there is no explanation
> how to use these
>    function. Is there any tutorial or document about
> how usinsg Thot
>    Toolkit API ?

Yes. Refer to the documents mentioned above.

> I'm waiting for your answer as soon as possible.
> Thank you very much.
>
> kind regards,
>
> The Fe Ping.

Vincent.