Re: Amaya 5.3 for Mac OS X

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Irene Vatton wrote:

  > Well, I installed it. I did the following:
  >
  > Set fink to use unstable packages. Update fink (I already have it installed,
  > with Motif, etc, but those should autoinstall if required). In updating it,
  > it asked if I wanted to use CVS versions - I said yes.

  Hum? The CVS version is very unstable currently.

Aah. Fink is a packaging system for Macintosh OS X, and it can either use
debian-style packages (created for Mac) or it can compile from source - and
if it compiles from source it can use complete source packages or it can
update packages via CVS (the recommended option).

So fink provides the stable release version of Amaya 5.3, but as an untested
(unstable?) part of the fink CVS update that is available, not as a tested
and stable part of the fink package list.

anyway, it is easy to install now, and it works.

cheers

Charles