Re: Clumsy Mouse Selection Redrawing UI feature set rework and assessment

Because its time, here are some proposals for the amaya UI.
They are high level and need to be implemented with cross platform
compatibility in mind.
I am actively assessing user interface and setting up a proposed reworking
of this component.

Here are some of the issues that I am considering:

1. Support for the mouse right button metaphor.
2. Integration of highlight region with the current desktop settings.
3. Use of update regions.( Offscreen bitmaps Double Buffering)
4. Validation regions(to minimize updates)
5. Hypertext linking for Syntax error checking.
6. Support for foundation classes.

I have found amaya the most amazing labor saving device, when compared with
notepad editing of a text file, it needs to  supported the common user
interface guidelines for whichever platform is  deployed.
I am actively soliciting additional comments for the UI feature set rework.

Any other thoughts about this are encouraged.

Thank You,
Mark Tillinghast