Re: Significance of red coloured line in source code seen in source v

From: Irene VATTON <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 17:09:27 +0100
To: "DEVARAJAN VENKATARAMANAN" <vdevarajan@hotmail.com>
cc: www-amaya-dev@w3.org

> ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C0455B.8DEE0260
>
> Hello,
> I started using AMAYA and find it very versatile.
> When I choose structure view in my document, I find that some lines =
> appear in red.
> Does it mean that AMAYA considers these codes  unacceptable?
> Those lines of code were entered by using notepad editor.
> One example is "bgsound".
> Can I continue to enter such codes?

Amaya is not a validator but when it finds out an invalid mark-up that it
cannot interpret correctly it outputs a warning in the log file (see
special/log file)
and paints the corresponding markup in red in the structure view.
For example bgsound is not a valid tag in HTML. So if you plan to distribute
your
documents outside your compagny, I suggest you to avoid this kind of tags.

There is a validator at W3C that will list all HTML errors in your documents.