Re: Amaya/download suggestion

Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> I quickly looked at Amaya documentation and saw that its downloading
> possibilities are next to nothing. I have no time to develop Amaya
> but sure will share my views with you. Here is what I would find very
> useful in a web browser.

Well, Amaya is first of all a Web *editor*, even if it has some
browsing features, mainly to help editing. That means that it also
has some nice features to save web pages locally or remotely.

> User should be able to "print" the webpage to his local directory.
> This would be done by downloading the document, the frames, and their
> images. The result is that user is able to view the webpage offline.

Have a look at the "Save as" command in the File menu. It allows
you to save a Web page to a local directory or a remote Web server.
You can also check the "Copy Images" item in the "Save as" dialogue
box, and all images embedded in the page will be saved  to a local
directory (which could be the same as the page directory) or to a
remote server. It's up to you.

However, frames are not handled currently in Amaya.

Vincent.