Re: notes on site bol.de

> regarding site www.bol.de:
> 1] it has many html 4.0 errors so amaya will of course
>     have difficulties.... most common error is unescaped &
>     within hrefs.......  but there are more basic errors of
>     bracketing as well

True.

> 2] Even if all html repaired, Amaya will have problems because
>     of nested table structure that appears to viewer as scrambled
>     or overlaid tables .... upper  level has problem remembering
>     dimensions of nested tables.

If you have scrambled or overlaid tables you probably had trouble
when you downloaded the last Amaya version.
Note that you had to uninstall the previous Amaya release before
installing the new one.
I don't know why InstallShield doesn't install correctly the new
version over the previous one, but it seems to keep old files which
can cause this kind of error!!!

> 3] On 256 color screens, the colored blocks come out dithered
>     with dots, crosses or other markings inside instead of pure
>     color intended........

That is a Windows strategy for generating unavailable colors.

> on the lang="de" not recognised in <html>:
> this was a bug reported for 2.2 and i think the team just missed
> one function where it remained unfixed.

We worked on that but it seems not completely fixed.

Best wishes
  Irene.