Re: Internationalization: willing to do the job for Italian

Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:
> Thanks for your proposal. The first step in to create an italian copy
> of dialog files. We already have:
> - an English version  -> files are Amaya/config/en-*
> - a French version -> files are Amaya/config/fr-*
> - a partial German version -> files are Amaya/config/de-*
> - a partial Turkish version -> files are Amaya/config/tr-*

Hi there,

so you can put on record that I am doing the job.
I have started writing the it-* files and I expect to have
the job done in a week or so (I believe I am roughly at 1/3
of the work now).
BTW, how can I enable the it-* files?
In the time being I have just made the en-* files be symbolic
links to my it-* files, but, of course, this is just a quick
and dirty hack ;)

> Some Windows dialogues are Windows resources. For them it's
> necessary to create the italian resources and to apply a little
> patch to the Amaya code. We can help you for doing that or we
> can do that by ourself as soon as we have previous italian dialog files.

Ok, I will let you have the italian dialogues at the soonest.

The I will have to translate all the documentation.  Any hint
so as to make the best possible job?

Please let me know if I need to do any paperwork in order for
my contribution to be ok as far as the licensing is concerned.

> I guess you should be interested by the two new features:
> - Profiles that allows you to configure Amaya with a simpler interface.
> - Templates which allows you to prototype HTML pages.
> These two features are developed at the request of French teachers.
> Let we know if you have specific needs.

Good.  I will have a look to these new features.
I would also be interested to get in touch with the teachers you
mention.  Do they have a Web site?
All the best,

       Roberto

--