Re: [Moderator Action] Compiling Amaya 2.4 with GTK

> Just a quick note to report that when building the latest Amaya (the CVS
> snapshot, actually) with GTK+, amaya itself gets built but bin/print fails
> because $(GTK_LIBRARIES) is missing from the link command. I added it to
> the definition of LIBS in Amaya/thotlib/Makefile.in and that seems to have
> done the trick.

Oh yes. When we experimented GTK we only tried "Make amaya" I will change the
print makefile.

> The release notes should state "needs GTK+ version 1.2 or newer". (Perhaps
> late 1.1.x is also OK; but I tried 1.1.3 and found many functions missing.)

OK, I add that information in Autoconf.html as soon as possible.

> It would be nice if at some point configure.in were hacked to offer the option
> of using the system's shared libjpeg, libz and libpng instead of Amaya's
> statically linked private versions (respectively 1.0.1, 1.1.2 and 6b; my
> Linux distribution came with slightly newer versions, so it should be OK
> to use them). Not a high-priority item by any means, though.

I agree. Could you or someone else test it and send us the patch. The building
of Amaya with GTK should be a configure.in option too.
  Irene.