[AAPI] Minutes UAI TF Meeting, Tuesday 9 August 2016


Plain text follows:


      [1] http://www.w3.org/

   Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group Teleconference

09 Aug 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/08/09-aapi-irc


          Joanmarie_Diggs, Joseph_Scheuhammer, Rich_Schwerdtfeger

          Cynthia_Shelly, Bryan_Garaventa




     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Upcoming meetings
         2. [5]ACTION-2102: (Rich, All) Create mappings based on
            features in html 5.1 spec.
         3. [6]ISSUE-663: (Rich) Presentational children of some
            widgets have doclick actions if make presentational
            who handles the click
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions

   <clown> agenda: this

   <scribe> scribe: joanie

Upcoming meetings

   JS: I am unavailable for the next couple of weeks.
   ... As usual, if you want to meet without me, you can.
   ... Otherwise, I'll send out an email saying the next two
   meetings are cancelled.

   RS: I'm still working on existing issues and mappings.

   JS: Then I will cancel the next two meetings.

ACTION-2102: (Rich, All) Create mappings based on features in html
5.1 spec.

   <clown> action-2102?

   <trackbot> action-2102 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to Create
   mappings based on features in html 5.1 spec. -- due 2016-08-04
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [9]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2102

      [9] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/2102

   RS: Regarding that mapping, they are concerned that table spans
   are not contiguous.

   JS: Is that even true?

   RS: It could be.
   ... What if you hide a column in the middle?

   JS: Row would be easier.

   RS: They indicated that with traditional tables, you could
   count on cells being contiguous.

   JD: I don't understand why exposing this via the TableCell
   interface is such a problem.
   ... If you have an accessible table cell, and you have the
   indices and spans on that accessible object via object
   attribute, why can you not take that same exact information and
   expose it via the TableCell API on that very same object?
   ... But I haven't had time to follow up on the email thread

   RS: Both platforms do have a table cell interface.
   ... And the HTML AAM includes mappings for the table cell
   ... So I assume that Gecko already implements that interface at
   least for IA2.

   JD: That would be news to me, because in general what is
   implemented in IA2 that is parallel to ATK also shows up in



   JS: I have one comment on the new text (link above)
   ... Actually it's colspan.



   JS: If you look at colspan (link above), the AXAPI mapping has
   "column index"
   ... For colspan, it says "AXAPI AXColumnIndexRange: loc=<column
   index> len=<colspan value>"

   RS: Yeah, that's a copy-and-paste error.

   JS: rowindex and rowspan have the same issue.



   JD: Looking at it, I don't think they are wrong; I think it
   needs to be in both places (aria-colindex and aria-colspan).

   <clown> "AXRowIndexRange: loc=<row index> len=<rowspan value> "

   JD: Because they have a single API which retrieves both the
   index and span.

   RS: Ok, I just updated my branch.
   ... We'll have to discuss what happens with the native host
   language semantics if the author hasn't provided the value.

   JD: Well, the ARIA spec has an "authors MUST," so technically
   failure to provide the value is an authoring error.

   JS: And what about aria-details.

   JD: We're blocked on James Teh.

   RS: Jamie and Alex had not updated the IDL for IA2 for over
   three years.
   ... Freedom Scientific looked for the new landmark role and
   couldn't find it.
   ... And they haven't decided on mapping for aria-details.

ISSUE-663: (Rich) Presentational children of some widgets have
doclick actions if make presentational who handles the click

   <clown> issue-663?

   <trackbot> issue-663 -- Presentational children of some widgets
   have doclick actions if make presentational who handles the
   click -- open

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/663

     [13] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/issues/663

   JS: I want to close this issue.
   ... Rich, you opened this a long time ago.
   ... I think this is now covered in your new section in the spec
   on presentation overrides.

   RS: Which section?


     [14] https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/aria.html#presentation

   RS: Under "Presentational Roles Conflict Resolution"

   JS: I think this section addresses the action.

   RS: Yes, it's addressed.

   JS: Can I close this issue?

   RS: But it's not in the Core Mapping spec.

   <clown> action-1681

   <trackbot> action-1681 -- Joseph Scheuhammer to Propose new
   wording, as an editorial change only to clarify the inclusion
   rules in section 5.1.2 -- due 2016-08-30 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1681

     [15] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/actions/1681

   RS: I added it to the issue.

   JS: My action is action-1681 (above)
   ... Though that's associated with a different issue.

   RS: I'll add a note to mine.
   ... Then you can close them both out after you do your action.

   JS: That works for me.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

Received on Tuesday, 9 August 2016 20:10:25 UTC