RE: Regarding filing an issue?

Thanks, I’ll try to file this in a bit.

One last question, once it’s filed, does it automatically get sent to the public PFWG list, does it need to, and should I do this if not?

From: Joseph Scheuhammer [mailto:clown@alum.mit.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:30 AM
To: Bryan Garaventa; wai-xtech@w3.org
Subject: Re: Regarding filing an issue?

Hi Bryan,

On 2014-10-22 2:26 AM, Bryan Garaventa wrote:

Hi,
Can you point me to the right place to file a spec issue? I'll be happy to submit the one we spoke of about role=heading, but I've forgotten where I should do this.
Thanks :)
Bryan

I'll give you two urls.  The first is the link that opens the "Create a new issue" form.  That's likely what you want in this case.  The url for creating ARIA issues is:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues/new

I don't know how new you are to this, but here is a quick description of each of the forms fields:

Nickname (text field):

A short phrase describing the issue.

Title (text field):

A longer description of the issue.

Product (select):

The document that has the problem.  Choose ARIA 1.1 for now.

Raised by (select):

The person who raised the issue, aka you.  It should automatically fill in your name.

Description (text box):

The details of the issue.  As it says, "be as verbose are you like".  This is a good place to put the url or urls to the section(s) of the ARIA spec that you have an issue with.

The second url is a link to the central location for all ARIA issues:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/issues

Hope that helps.  Let me know how it goes.

--
;;;;joseph.

'Array(16).join("wat" - 1) + " Batman!"'
           - G. Bernhardt -