Re: Minutes from UAIG call on 3 December

Hi Bryan,

You wrote:
> I was curious, so I just checked this and I can see the same, the role
> of 'list' set within the MSAA object for an element marked with
> role=listbox in the markup.

That is what the mapping is for role='listbox [1]'.  Thanks for looking
into that, since it means that the gnome-a11y comments are potentially
broader than just ATK/AT-SPI.  To summarize, the mappings for
role="listbox", leaving some details out, are:

MSAA+UIA Express:  ROLE_SYSTEM_LIST
MSAA+IA2:  ROLE_SYSTEM_LIST
UIA:  List
ATK/AT-SPI:  ROLE_LIST
AXAPI:  AXList

Thanks to the gnome-a11y comments, we now know there is a ROLE_LIST_BOX
that is more appropriate for ATK/AT-SPI.  I haven't had the time to look
into MSAA, IA2, UIA, nor AXAPI to see if there is an analogous feature.
There might not be; it may be that MSAA's ROLE_SYSTEM_LIST means "list
box" on that platform.

> I'm not sure if this too was mentioned in the call or not, but the
> same issue is true for elements marked up with role=option, they are
> being shown as MSAA objects with a role of 'list item'. Is 'list item'
> the correct mapping for an element with role=option?

Yes, that is the correct mapping.  The UAIG mapping table says:

MSAA+UIA Express: ROLE_SYSTEM_LISTITEM
MSAA+IA2:  ROLE_SYSTEM_LISTITEM
UIA:  ListItem
ATK/AT-SPI:  ROLE_LIST_ITEM
AXAPI:  AXStaticText

> Actually I'm seeing the same thing in IE, and the same thing on Select
> elements with embedded Option elements, all of which appear to have
> role mappings of list and list item in MSAA and UIA objects, so I may
> be mistaken.

That confirms that the mappings are correct except the one for
role="listbox" on the ATK/AT-SPI platform.

Thanks again.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-implementation/#mapping_role_table

--
;;;;joseph.

'A: After all, it isn't rocket science.'
'K: Right. It's merely computer science.'
              - J. D. Klaun -