Re: ACTION-1039: aria-hidden and inner/outer elements

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Andi Snow-Weaver <andisnow@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> The net is that this is an author error and the UA is not responsible for
> correcting author errors. While we obviously don't list all author errors in
> the UAIG, we do list some. So my recommendation is that we add this scenario
> to the list of author errors in section 6.2 of the UAIG.

As an aside, It's critical for interoperability of user agents with
the web corpus for ARIA processing to be defined for both correct and
erroneous DOMs.

For example, there should be a single resolution for circular
references: e.g. drop both references, or use the first referrer in
the DOM.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis