Re: Handling of landmark roles on native markup

Hi Aaron,
I would also point out that adoption of this behaviour would result in a
need to lodify the HTML5 conformance rules, which are currently predicated
on ARIA roles always overriding native semantics.

While not a reason not to make the change, it is a factor that needs to be
taken into account in the introduction of the changes. As getting ANY
changes in to HTML5 is not a trivial task.

regards
steve

--
with regards