Re: Drop longdesc, get aria-describedat?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> If longdesc becomes conforming in HTML5, I would strongly favour a warning
> to inform developers of its lack of support.

Contractual requirements aside, the basic purpose of conformance
checking is to promote interoperability.

So I too would favour such an advisory, but only if the conformance
checker gives guidance about the level of implementation of features
generally. Some sort of W3C Validator/caniuse mashup, that takes into
account things like search engine and screen reader implementation
status, would be super.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis