Re: Warnings for conforming features in a validator

hi peter,

here is the source code for the validator listing the conforming features
that emit a warning;
https://bitbucket.org/validator/syntax/src/tip/non-schema/java/src/org/whattf/checker/UnsupportedFeatureChecker.java

you wrote:
"If it is conforming then we want to encourage people to use it and I think
warning would do the exact opposite."

Just because something is conforming it does not necessarily follow that
people should be encouraged to use it.
Developers should be encouraged to use features that are either robustly
supported or degrade gracefully.

regards
Stevef

--