Re: @longdesc and @cite in Firefox

Joseph Scheuhammer, Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:43:53 -0400:
> On 12-04-20 12:19 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>>> I also looked into what Orca does in this case, including a brief
>>> discussion with some of the developers.  Orca ignores the action, or
>>> perhaps more accurately, didn't even know it was available.
>>
>> Good to hear they know are aware ...
>
> Part of the problem is that browsers do not expose @longdesc in a11y
> APIs in the same way.  It's not interoperable, or so I've heard.
> It's not surprising, then, that ATs don't necessarily invest in it.

Well, your description of how @longdesc works, matches quite well how
iCab and Opera treats longdesc, I think.

And, also, if AT just added support for Firefox' built-in longdesc
support rather than "inventing" their own, then I guess we would see
more rather than less unity.
--
Leif H Silli