Re: JAVA Frameworks - W3C Accessibility

My impression generally was that Java was used on the backend while
javascipt was used on the front end (client web browser). So you could
run something like Apache Tomcat on the backend for processing behind an
Apache web server and use the usual javascript/html/css stuff on the
frontend. For accessible widgets in a browser you should probably use a
library like Dojo or jQueryUI. I've heard good things about extJS but
it's not free. We've put some effort into the jQueryUI library to add
more accessibility which will be out in the 1.9 release (or play with it
now at access.aol.com/aegis) and the Dojo folks have been implementing
good accessibility in their widgets for years.

Hope this helps.

CB