Re: TTS from web content?

Hi Janina,

What I see here is declarative speech markup vs. what David is proposing.
Is there a place I should look that I am missing?

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group

From:	Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
To:	wai-xtech@w3.org
Cc:	James Larson <jim@larson-tech.com>
Date:	08/19/2010 04:00 PM
Subject:	Re: TTS from web content?
Sent by:	wai-xtech-request@w3.org

We have a Voice Working Group within the W3C that has already done
quite a bit of work in this area, especially as regards delivering web
content by traditional telephone:

http://www.w3.org/Voice/

In fact, Jim Larson, Chair of this WG, recently approached PF about
working together to mount some content using their voice technology. We
discussed this briefly with great interest during our last WAI-CG.

So, I'm uncertain from David's post just what kind of delivery is
contemplated here. But, we certainly don't need to start from scratch to
implement something useful and soon.

I've cc'd Jim into this conversation.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,		 Phone:		 +1.443.300.2200
		 		 sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net

Chair, Open Accessibility		 janina@a11y.org
Linux Foundation		 		 http://a11y.org

Chair, Protocols & Formats