Re: Questions arising from ARIA/HTML5 integration

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Steven Faulkner wrote:

(picking this example more or less at random; the same applies to the
other issues too:)

> >> <caption>
> >> is mapped to platform API as the accessible name of a table
>
> >How do I denote this in the spec?
>
> why do you want to denote it?

Becuase I thought that was what needed doing with respect to integrating
ARIA. If I am mistaken I am happy to remove the table of mappings. I have
no personal opinion on the matter, I'm just trying to do whatever is the
right thing by ARIA.

> are you planning to provide a mapping for every element and attribute in
> the spec to an accessibility API?

I'm planning on doing whatever you and other accessibility experts tell me
should be done. What should be done?