Re: Request to Strengthen the HTML5 Accessibility Design Principle

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Laura Carlson wrote:

> We request that the accessibility design principle be disambiguated and
> strengthened by replacing it with the following definition text and two
> examples:
>
> "We will design all features so as to ensure that they are accessible to
> users with disabilities.

I strongly agree with this.

> To this end, we will look to the W3C WAI groups for guidance, listen to
> their advice, and collaborate with them to reach mutually agreeable
> accessibility solutions.

I agree with this also. Note that "listen to" does not mean "obey", and
"mutually agreeable accessibility solutions" may not be those that the WAI
groups initially propose.

As far as I can tell, the proposed text matches what the working group has
been doing already.