Re: summary="" in HTML5 ISSUE-32

what is the difference between your paragraph and what we already
have?  how would it improve on @summary?

On Feb 25, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM, David Poehlman
<poehlman1@comcast.net> wrote:
> I don't think it is possible to associate a <p> programatically</p
> to a
> table.  It might be possible to designate someting inside the table
> to surve
> the same purpurpose as @summary though.

First off, i notice that you didn't answer my question *why* this is
needed.

Second, it seems like you didn't understand my suggestions for how to
associate a <p> with the <table>.

What I'm suggesting is that we could add an attribute on <table> to
point to the element containing the summary. Such as:

  Summary goes here

This way the AT client can find the summary associated with a
particular table.

> I also want to point out that I consider it a grose miss use of
> @summary=""
> required to pass a test as well, miss use.

I don't understand what you're saying here.

> I appreciate the efforts on this but also hear and echo the conerns of
> others that we *really* need to have a good replacement or modify
> @summary
> to do what we need for it to do.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this.

/ Jonas