Re: summary="" in HTML5

At 13:27 24/02/2009, Steven Faulkner wrote:
>note about education and advocacy that i meant to include in my reply:
>
>NOTE: the best that can be said for the "ample accessibility advocacy,
>and education" is that it sends mixed messages about what is an
>appropriate use of the summary
>examples:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H73.html form WCAG 2.
>http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021899I.html
>http://diveintoaccessibility.org/day_20_providing_a_summary_for_tables.html
>http://jimthatcher.com/webcourse9.htm
>http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/miscellaneous/10-common-errors-when-implementing-accessibility-8-01-29/page6.html
>http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_table_summary.asp

(The examples from chami.com, developerTutorials.com and W3CSchools
aren't really helpful; "mixed messages" indeed!)

I would also add:
* http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#table-summary-info
* http://www.webaim.org/techniques/tables/data.php#summaries
* http://www.usability.com.au/resources/tables.cfm#summary