Re: ARIA as stop-gap (was Re: Next steps for the ARIA syntax discussion)

On Fri, 30 May 2008 16:57:27 +0200, Elliotte Harold
<elharo@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> 1. Accept that HTML is monolithic. Merge ARIA into the core HTML spec,
> or incorporate it by reference. Make an ARIA attribute programmatically
> no different  than class or style or id. ARIA is just a part of HTML 5,
> and provides no support for other host languages.

I don't really see why only this is plausible. class, style, and id work
in HTML, SVG, and MathML. Why can't the same go for ARIA?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>