Re: Is Flickr an Edge Case? (was Re: HTML Action Item 54)

On Tuesday 2008-05-27 14:56 -0700, Matt Morgan-May wrote:
> On 5/27/08 1:59 PM, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > If so, would you agree that it's worth standardizing what should be
> > used to mark such a case rather than having authors pick "[IMAGE]"
> > or "[PHOTO]" or their own variant?
>
> I don't see the value in taking what should be a token and throwing it into
> an attribute of type text. It strikes me as lazy.

I was trying to ask the question in a mechanism-neutral way, so we
can agree on whether it's worth having a standard way to express the
concept (of having an image that is an important part of the content
but for which appropriate alternate text is not known) before
arguing over the syntax.

-David