Re: Deterministic Conformance Requirments [was: Re: HTML Action Item 54 - ...draft text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include @alt on img elements.]

Le 13 mai 2008 à 07:51, James Graham a écrit :
> I don't think making a big deal of the distinction between machine
> checkable and non-machine checkable conformance requirements is very
> useful in the context of HTML.

http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/#what-conform
It is not that much about machine or non-machine checkable. It is
really about class of products.

The issue is that the class or products are defined at the top of the
spec but are rarely tied to specific requirements in the specification
prose. Once the Class of Product have been defined, we have a grid for
reading the spec.

* I'm a browser implementer, I read the spec. What are the conformance
requirements for my product?
* I'm an authoring tool implementer, I read the spec. What are the
conformance requirements for my product?
* etc.

* QA Framework: Specification Guidelines
   http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/
* Variability in Specifications
   http://www.w3.org/TR/spec-variability/

--