Re: [html4all] HTML5 Alternative Text, and Authoring Tools

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> ian hickson wrote:
> > It's not clear exactly what evidence is being requested. The reasoning for
> > the current text has been the subject of a number of long and detailed
> > e-mails to these lists already.
>
> but no "research, hard data, and analysis"
> refer to:
> http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/?p=63

There has been plenty of research and analysis. As far as hard data is
concerned, it would indeed be nice if we could get more data. James
started work in this area:

   http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AltSurvey

I have volunteered to help out (I can provide the random sample of URLs)
but we need more people -- can you help?