From: "Earl Johnson" <Earl.Johnson@Sun.COM>
To: <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Cc: <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: perpendicular split pane control (3 panes: 1 vertical, 2
horizontal)

Hi All;

The "standard" in Java/Swing and Microsoft's UI toolkit [and
IBM's guidelines] appears to be pressing the F6 moves between
panes and pressing F8 gives focus to the Splitter Bar itself.
 From there, the user interacts with the up-down, left-right
movement depending on whether the splitter bar is an up-down or
left-right type of splitter.

A question for the list: Can't these key sequences be used? If
they can't, why?

Earl