Re: Update ARIA Examples: Live Regions and Tab Panel

Yes it's fine to serve XHTML to Firefox.

By "prefers" I meant something different -- that there was a technical
change in how it interprets the http-accept header. If the page can be
served either way Firefox will actually ask for HTML. Apparently the
incremental rendering works better then, or something like that.

The community does probably prefer HTML over XHTML as well. But, there is
nothing to stop anyone from using XHTML mime type.

- Aaron

Aaron Leventhal
IBM web accessibility architect
Voice: 781-583-4083
Tie line: 364-5945
http://www.mozilla.org/access

"Gez Lemon" <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
08/31/2007 04:18 PM

Aaron M Leventhal/Cambridge/IBM@IBMUS
cc
"Jon Gunderson" <jongund@uiuc.edu>, "W3C WAI-PFWG" <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>,
w3c-wai-pf-request@w3.org, "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Subject
Re: Update ARIA Examples: Live Regions and Tab Panel

Thanks, Aaron. In that document it states that Firefox prefers HTML to
XHTML - if I have a doctype of XHTML 1.1, it should be served as
application/xhtml+xml. Is it still okay to serve that to Firefox?

Thanks,

Gez

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/ARIA:_Accessible_Rich_Internet_Applications#Choosing_XHTML_or_HTML

--