Re[2]: Mozilla/Firefox Accessibility Extension Version 0.98 available

Sorry, when I first sent this I left out one key part:

I was using the middle choice of example pages: the one with
HTML 4.01 and the 'title' on the page part, not on the 'link' element.

Al

At 11:35 AM -0500 5/27/05, Jon Gunderson wrote:
>Version 0.98 of the Mozilla/Firefox accessibility extension is
>now available:
>
>http://www.disability.uiuc.edu/cita/software/mozilla/download.html
>
>We are hoping this will be our last release before we release
>Version 1.0.  So please test and comment on the extension.

I am getting behavior I can't explain.

When I use the 'move to' button in the

   Accessibility:navigation:table of  contents

menu, the intended area as a whole changes highlight but remains highlighted
(as when that item is selected in the ToC menu).  That seem to be what
you want.

Then if I TAB I expect it to move the focus to the first focusable
entity in the
currently focused region.  Not so.

Using the Table of Contents in the Navigation tool to move to the "contact
info" section, and then hitting a TAB brings up the right thing, the email
link, in the status bar at the foot of the window.  But it does not
do the right
thing in terms of making that link the target of ENTER events.  At the same
time as the bogus email-link URL shows up in the status bar, the address
field in the chrome is highlighted and if I hit ENTER the event goes there and
reloads the current page.

That's as close to successful operation, in terms of actually moving the focus
so that one can subsequently move the focus forward and back with
TAB, shift-TAB;
or justDoIt with ENTER.

Al

I don't know if this extension version requires a different Firefox.

What I have identifies itself as:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.6)
Gecko/20050317 Firefox/1.0.2

And the extension identifies itself as:

Mozilla Accessibility Extension 0.98.2.1277