RE: XHTML 2 Role Tag

Pawson, David writes:

 > Janina, David P, Jason. You tell us how important it is please, I'm not fit to make
 > a call on that one.

As you asked me the same question in private e-mail and I answered it
privately, you are welcome to post my reply, edited as desired, to the
list.

The short answer is that in both of the user agents I work with, I
have all HTML pages linearized, and I can't think of any occasion on which
the resulting loss of spatial information has been noticable as a
problem, or on which I have desired access to the layout.