RE: [Moderator Action] Web Content Accessibility and the ADA Requirements

Ian is corrrect.

There are no ADA guidelines for web.   The specific ADA guidelines that
have currently been defined were done before the web existed.

You are probably safest by looking at the 508 guidelines described
below.  There are two docs that compare them to W3C guidelines (from
which they were derived).   I've pasted a page from the workbook of the
course I am teaching immediately below.  It has links to the comparisons
and a chart showing relationship.   (EITAS is 508 standards)

Gregg

------------------------------------

Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.

Ind Engr - Biomed - Trace,  Univ of Wis

gv@trace.wisc.edu

Comparison of EITAS  and WCAG 1.0

Comparisons

Shawn Henry's

Comparison of EITAS Paragraphs and WCAG Checkpoints
http://www.uiaccess.com/eitas_wcag_charts.pdf

Jim Thatcher

Section 508 Web Standards and WCAG Priority 1 Checkpoints: A
Side-by-side Comparison
http://www.jimthatcher.com/sidebyside.htm#508View