Re: May we use the Level A icon...

Carol,

First of all, thank you for working to make your
content more accessible!

The WCAG 1.0 logo usage policy [1] states:

  "Content providers are solely responsible for the
   use of these logos."

W3C doesn't certify pages as conforming to WCAG 1.0.
We may develop this type of service in the future, or
help other organizations develop such certification
programs. We are working on mechanisms and tools for
conformance evaluation. I recommend consulting the
list of evaluation tools [2] linked from the WAI
site.

I hope this helps,

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG1-Conformance
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/existingtools

Carol Foster wrote:

> Hi,
>
> May we use the Level A icon in our departmental newsletter in
> conjunction with an article about accessibility (attached).  To see
> examples of previous newsletters, please go to
> http://www.umassp.edu/uis/publications/
>
> Thanks!
> Carol
>
> --
> Carol Foster, Web Developer
> University Information Systems
> University of Massachusetts, President's Office
> (413) 587-2130
> c.foster@umassp.edu
> --

>                                 Name: Accessibility_article.doc
>    Accessibility_article.doc    Type: Microsoft Word Document (application/msword)
>                             Encoding: base64

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783