[Fwd: /FYI/ IBM's Home Page Reader v2.5 supports longdesc]

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 18:36:25 +0900
  • Subject: /FYI/ IBM's Home Page Reader v2.5 supports longdesc
  • To: w3t-wai@w3.org
Hi,

IBM Japan today announced "Home Page Reader" v2.5 [1], an updated version
of IBM's voice browser.

It has a couple of new/improved features, and among other things,
it supports longdesc attribute of IMG element.

Trial version is available from IBM's Web site [2], and I just tried it.
It worked!  Maybe it's the first product that supports longdesc, isn't it?

As for content type, "Home Page Reader" accepts both HTML and plain text
for longdesc.

It also claims that it supports summary attribute of TABLE element,
but as far as I tried, it didn't read summary.

[1] http://www.jp.ibm.com/accessibility/soft/hpr.html (in Japanese)
[2] http://www.jp.ibm.com/accessibility/soft/hpr-down.html (in Japanese)

Regards,
--