Re: W3C NOTE 5-May-1999 - wai-pageauth-tech.tgz

"Hans v. Sommerfeld" wrote:

> [Document]
> Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
> W3C NOTE 5-May-1999
>
> [URI]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-WEBCONTENT-TECHS-19990505
>
> [Download package]
> wai-pageauth-tech.tgz
>
> [Files in package]
> wai-pageauth-tech.html
> techimages/coffee-table.gif
>
> [Comments]
> I have found three problems with the files stated above:
>
> (1+2)
> The file "wai-pageauth-tech.html" still includes active links to <www.w3.org>
> causing online calls while trying to read the document offline.
> Every problem in your HTML-code is shown with my additional fix for offline.

This was an intentional choice for the online version of the
document. For offline reading, we intend to provide a copy
of the global style sheet that is locally linked to the source
document. However, we did not do this for the release of WCAG 1.0.

> (3)
> The file "techimages/coffee-table.gif" is _not_ provided as world-readable by
> the package. Just set it to -rw-r--r-- please.

I will fix that as well in the ntext draft.

Thank you for the comments!
 - Ian

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814