ICCHP2000 (International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs)

Date:         Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:35:09 +0200
From: Bernhard Stoeger <Bernhard@AIB.UNI-LINZ.AC.AT>
Subject:      ICCHP2000: Call for Participation
To: BLIND-DEV@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU

Call for Participation

ICCHP2000
International Conference on Computers
Helping People with Special Needs

UNIVERSITAT KARLSRUHE (TH), Germany
July 17-21, 2000

Latest News:

UNESCO decided that ICCHP 2000 in Karlsruhe will be under  the auspices of
the UNESCO. The Director-General Mr.
Koichiro Matsuura wrote in his official letter =93...I fully recognize  the
importance of this Conference which is in keeping with the Organization's
mission to foster the use of information and communication technologies in
education and, in particular, education for people with special needs, as
set out in  UNESCO's Salamanca Declaration on Special Needs  Education. ..."

Here you'll find the programme of the Preconference and the Conference and
inforamtion on registration:
http://szswww.ira.uka.de/icchp2000/

Educational Endeavor "Computer Science for the Blind",
University of Linz, Department for Computer Science,
Altenbergerstrasse 69, 4040 Linz, Austria.
Bernhard Stoeger               Tel.: +43/732/2468/9608, Fax: -/9322,
email: bernhard@mvblind.uni-linz.ac.at

     "I can't see my computer, my computer doesn't watch me, but
      together we conquer the world." (not Shakespeare!)
The optimist thinks that this is the best of all
possible worlds; the pessimist knows it is.
Gregory J. Rosmaita     <unagi69@concentric.net>
       Webmaster & Minister of Propaganda
The Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group of
the New York City Metropolitan Area (VICUG NYC)
      <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/>