Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:12:11 -0400
From: "webmaster@baystart.com" <webmaster@baystart.com>
To: BayStart <webmaster@baystart.com>
Subject: Call For BayStart 10/2-10/3 Abstracts

The BayStart New Technology and Startup Conference
Festival Pavilion & Convention Center
Fort Mason, San Francisco
October 2nd -3rd, 2000
Sponsored by Sun Microsystems

This is the World's Largest New Technology and Startup Event!

BayStart /CityJava Theme for October 2nd-3rd
Bringing Technical and Business Innovation to Market

Call For Abstracts
If you would like to be considered for a speaking opportunity
at BayStart on any topic listed below, please fill out your
application and return to us NO LATER THAN AUGUST 15th.

Speaker Application Form available at:
http://www.baystart.com

Abstract submissions must be sent to: contact@baystart.com

Learn how your company can take advantage of this promotion
engine and one-stop source for finding resources, marketing,
and financial services (funding).  Browse through these
services:  Technology (Java, Linux, XML) Capital, HR, Product
Analysis and Refinement and Turnkey Marketing, along with a
full technical and business  startup conference for developers
and business end-users of the latest advances in technology-
enabled applications.

If you present at BayStart you will receive maximum
exposure to engineers and companies interested in
deploying your service or product, or implementing your
advice or solution.

Profile of Successful Speakers
We're looking for speakers who really have something to say
about E-business and new technology.  Each BayStart
showcases innovative companies with speakers dedicated to
presenting the nuts and bolts of the diverse challenges faced
by today's new economy and those of us who are building it.
The theme of BayStart at Fort Mason is Bringing Innovation to
Market.  Please feel free to suggest a related topic that you'd
like to organize.

Conference Schedule
Technical - Technology Infrastructure - Day 1 -
"Show the code" presentations. The development environment

Java2 -  Servlets   -   EJB -  Jini - Embedded Systems
Real-Time Systems - XML Parsing - WAP- Wireless
Clustering -  Linux & Open Source - Security - Scalability
Availability  Reliability -  Firewalls - Swing -Deployment
Data Warehousing

Business - Dot Com Business Infrastructure - Day 2

Funding - Business Organization - Legal - Startup lifecycle
Stock incentive plans - Pricing models - E-services -
Compensation planning - Business models - ASP partnering
Extranets - Supply Chain Mgmt - VC and Angel presentation
pointers Dot Com Management - Working with Angel investors
Alternative Funding   - Startups in the black

Sponsorship and Exhibition Space
For information please contact:  mrosen@baystart.com

Additional Information
For further information please see:
http://www.baystart.com or http://www.cityjava.org

Job postings
Post all job positions at no charge to
http://www.baystart.com

BayStart
Conference Event Planner Wanted

Manage all aspects of annual trade shows and sales
meetings. Implement marketing promotions
and Sales support programs. Supervise  logistics
for October San Francisco Conference show that
provides New Technology  (Java, Linux  and  XML)
plus Startup  companies to increase their brand
recognition in the Bay Area.  Coordinate
logistics for conference presentations.  Excellent
exposure. For more information please
contact or send resume to:
webmaster@baystart.com.

Other BayStart Sponsored Events