WCAG Quick Reference Guide Enhancement Request| Removing Filtered Items

Hello,

An enhancement request regarding the WCAG  quick reference guide to remove the text of filtered items. It looks like according to the person I sent my question to below when you apply the filter The tool does not actually remove the success criteria from the list, it just grays it out. Because of this when I read the entire list with my screen reader JAWS I am not able to easily tell what success criteria meet my filtered criteria by default which I had selected.

Also, it is not easy  to copy the filtered list into an application, like Word.

Thank you.

Bill

SNIP from email:
To: Tipton, Bill (Product Accessibility Program Office) <bill.tipton@hpe.com<mailto:bill.tipton@hpe.com>>
Subject: RE: WCAG 2.1 A& AA only Guidelines for graphics & Images

Hey Bill,

It looks to me like you’ve filtered correctly, but I suspect the results of your filtering aren’t being presented correctly by your screen reader. From what I can see, the entire list of provisions is shown onscreen, with the filtered out being displayed in grey text and the provisions that you intended to be shown (graphics/images) are in normal text (non-greyed out). I wonder if your screen reader can differentiate? Your filter created a list of 4 provisions having to do with graphics/images and I’ve copied and pasted them below:

1.1.1 Non-text Content
Level A
All non-text content that is presented to the user has a text alternative that serves the equivalent purpose, except for the situations listed below.

  *   Controls, Input: If non-text content is a control or accepts user input, then it has a name that describes its purpose. (Refer to Success Criterion 4.1.2 for additional requirements for controls and content that accepts user input.)
  *   Time-Based Media: If non-text content is time-based media, then text alternatives at least provide descriptive identification of the non-text content. (Refer to Guideline 1.2 for additional requirements for media.)
  *   Test: If non-text content is a test or exercise that would be invalid if presented in text, then text alternatives at least provide descriptive identification of the non-text content.
  *   Sensory: If non-text content is primarily intended to create a specific sensory experience, then text alternatives at least provide descriptive identification of the non-text content.
  *   CAPTCHA: If the purpose of non-text content is to confirm that content is being accessed by a person rather than a computer, then text alternatives that identify and describe the purpose of the non-text content are provided, and alternative forms of CAPTCHA using output modes for different types of sensory perception are provided to accommodate different disabilities.
  *   Decoration, Formatting, Invisible: If non-text content is pure decoration, is used only for visual formatting, or is not presented to users, then it is implemented in a way that it can be ignored by assistive technology.

1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum)
Level AA
The visual presentation of text and images of text has a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1, except for the following:

  *   Large Text: Large-scale text and images of large-scale text have a contrast ratio of at least 3:1;
  *   Incidental: Text or images of text that are part of an inactive user interface component, that are pure decoration, that are not visible to anyone, or that are part of a picture that contains significant other visual content, have no contrast requirement.
  *   Logotypes: Text that is part of a logo or brand name has no contrast requirement.

1.4.5 Images of Text
Level AA
If the technologies being used can achieve the visual presentation, text is used to convey information rather than images of text except for the following:

  *   Customizable: The image of text can be visually customized to the user's requirements;
  *   Essential: A particular presentation of text is essential to the information being conveyed.
Note 1: Logotypes (text that is part of a logo or brand name) are considered essential.

1.4.11 Non-text Contrast
Level AA(Added in 2.1)
The visual presentation of the following have a contrast ratio of at least 3:1 against adjacent color(s):

  *   User Interface Components: Visual information required to identify user interface components and states, except for inactive components or where the appearance of the component is determined by the user agent and not modified by the author;
  *   Graphical Objects: Parts of graphics required to understand the content, except when a particular presentation of graphics is essential to the information being conveyed.

Hope this helps,
End of email Snippet
: Tipton, Bill (Product Accessibility Program Office)
Sent: Thursday, July 1, 2021 4:16 PM

Hi,
Only if it  will not take too long. Can you please filter  the list of WCAG Guideline so I only see ones for AA & AA that have to do with  graphics/images in SW.
My attempt is at:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/quickref/?currentsidebar=%23col_customize&tags=graphical-objects%2Cimages%2Cimages-of-text&levels=aaa&techniques=advisory

My list seems to have too many??

If you can do this can you please filter and send a link back to me.
Thank  you.
Bill