Re: Hot topic: Media Accessibility

[CC: wai-eo-editors@w3.org]

Dear Vicki,

I was holding off on replying in case you had more. :-)

I did most of your edit suggestions below.

One to check in on: Under "How to Make Audio and Video Accessible" https://wai-media-guide.netlify.com/design-develop/media/#how-to-make-audio-and-video-accessible> the second sentence:
"To figure out what your specific audio or video needs, for project management guidance, and to learn about standards, see..."

This is trying to say: "To figure out what THINGS your specific audio or video needs (e.g., captions, transcript, description, etc.), for project management guidance, and to learn about standards, see..."

But "things" is such an awkward word there. In the Summary, we have:
"helps you figure out what your specific audio or video needs (captions, description, a transcript, etc.)"

I'm wondering if it's OK leaving it as is?

---

About the checkboxes, I opened an issue to get other feedback: https://github.com/w3c/wai-media-guide/issues/81

Do you want to add your thoughts there, or shall I copy and past from below?

---

Finally, if you have other copyedits, would you be able to copy the page content, paste in a Word document, and Track changes with edits & comments? (Or, use GitHub pull requests. :-)

Let me know if I can help facilitate that!

Best,
~Shawn