Re: [wbs] response to 'Review 2 of Evaluation Videos'

On 12/12/2019 5:33 AM, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>

> On 12/12/2019 04:42, Shawn Henry via WBS Mailer wrote:
>>> Video 1: Evaluation Overview (3rd Draft)
>>>
> [SNIP]
>>>
>> Comments:
>> [low (although it annoys me ;-)] 01:31 – Have the left edge of the text
>> be the same position for*both*:
>>
>> Involving Users in Web Projects
>> for Better, Easier Accessibility
>>
>> and
>>
>> Involving Users in Evaluating Web Accessibility
>>
>> Rationale: They are shown one right after the other and it looks a bit odd
>> that the start of the text is different positions.
>
> We have a similar issue with:
>   - (0:51) Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List
>   - (0:58) Selecting Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools

Interesting that this one did not catch my attention. I think it's because:
* there is not a significant difference in the positioning
* there is big animation centered, so visual focus is on that animation, and the text feels a bit more tied to it

I played it a couple times, and it still feels OK there.

> Possibly also elsewhere, so it is common that the left spacing changes because the text block is centered to the screen.

It's only really apparent when one appears right after the other, without other animation in between.

> However, in this case the difference in line lengths is particularly significant, so that it becomes more apparent.
>
> Having said that, do you feel it is worth breaking the convention of centering the text block in this one instance?

Strongly.

I can provide more rationale if that would be helpful.

Best,
~Shawn