Re: Beta Site

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to write.

For the Easy Checks issue, I've added it to our To Do list via GitHub Issue <https://github.com/w3c/EasyChecks/issues/89>. As it's not a high priority, we hope to get to it in April or May.

About the punctuation and quotation marks, we decided to go against common American convention on this one. It's documented in our style guide at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Style#Punctuation>:
"punctuation outside quoted terms
* e.g.: This accessibility requirement is sometimes called sufficient "color contrast"; however, that is incorrect — technically it's "luminosity contrast".
* (Note: Many American-English style guides, including the Chicago Manual of Style, recommend periods and commas inside quotes. Most British-English style guides recommend punctuation outside quotes. Coding requires proper nesting. Because most of our audience is more focused on proper code syntax than on America-English syntax, we chose punctuation outside quoted terms.)
"

Hope that doesn't bother the perfectionist in you too much. :-)

Best,
~Shawn
<https://www.w3.org/People/Shawn/>