From: Bakken, Brent <brent.bakken@pearson.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 10:07 AM
Subject: How People... feedback
To: EO team leads <team-eo-plan@w3.org>

Planning Team,

Attached is a word document of the *Cognitive and neurological* section of
the How People resource. This feedback is from Jan McSorley and Dr. Shari
Butler. both of which are on the COGA TF and both work at Pearson.

I had a conversation with Jan about their edits and their view of this
section of the resource. They have several concerns that I will touch on
below. If we have time, aside from Mtg agenda and charter discussion, I
would like to talk briefly about this during the planning meeting tomorrow.

Some reflections of my conversation with Jan this morning. (paraphrasing
here, not exact words)

   - COGA didn't ever get to this in a meeting agenda. Jan thinks it is
   important for all of COGA to review as it would be their chance to rewrite
   a short & succinct explanation of cognitive disabilities and the
   accessibility issues around them.
   - One big issue with this information is that different countries define
   these "examples" in different ways. This is an international document so
   more care needs to be given here.
   - It is problematic when combining cognitive and neurological
   disabilities
   - Not sure that these edits provide enough information to update the
   document for publishing (Brent - although isn't it already published as
   is?). Jan would like to see this go in front of COGA during a meeting and
   then have around 6 - 8 weeks for the Task Force to rewrite.

Again, these are the comments Jan made with me conversationally. I am not
sure if Sharron has had additional conversations with Jan or with Lisa.

Hope we can come up with a good plan to move forward.
Brent

Brent A. Bakken
Director, Accessibility Strategy & Education Services
Pearson

512 202 1087 <(512)%20202-1087>
brent.bakken@pearson.com

Learn more at pearson.com