Re: Feedback on tips for getting started

Dear Jordan,

Thank you for your suggestion. Creating advice for designers on this topic is certainly challenging, and I think your approach adds important additional information and presents the task in a more realistic light.
I have taken the liberty of rewording your suggestion slightly to avoid the first person reference (a stylistic choice in all other tips) and to tighten up the delivery a little. I hope you are comfortable with the suggested edits.

Consider how imagery, sound, or video will be accessed by users unable to perceive visual or audio content. The design should provide a way to access video or audio transcripts, captions, or audio descriptions. Imagery may be informational (for example, a chart), functional (for example, icons and image buttons), or decorative (for example, 'smiling person' photography). Communicate with writers and developers to convey those needs.

This resource is a deliverable for the Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG.) The group has reviewed and approved the suggestion as edited and will implement the change once you have agreed that your concerns have been adequately addressed. WAI relies on community participation and we greatly appreciate your contribution. Please let us know if you are satisfied or if further consideration is required on this issue.

Regards,

Kevin

——
Kevin White