Re: quick reply pls -- New WAI website category for "user" documents?

Greetings:

I am looking at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/users/
Editors Draft: $Date: 2009/12/16 04:59:52

At 09:10 PM 12/15/2009, you wrote:
>Yeliz, Jack, Jennifer, Doyle, Sharron, Liam, Sylvie, Alan, Helle,
>Andrew, Shadi, Judy,
>
>We have several new documents recently published and upcoming over
>the next few months that are for "users", including people with
>disabilities and older users with age-related impairments.
>
>We are considering adding a top level navigation category to the WAI
>website information architecture. A draft of one idea is at:
>http://www.w3.org/WAI/users/
>
>Please reply with some quick thoughts now. We might make an initial
>decision on *Wednesday 16 December*.
>
>JS: User Perspectives wouldn't be my first choice for the page
>title, but other good ideas have been posted. I don't have
>additional ones to suggest, but I vote for "you-centered," and
>perhaps action-oriented.

>If you have time, please also send thoughts on:
>* do we want to add a top level navigation category or not?

JS: I think so.

>* if no, where should the new documents go in the current
>information architecture?
>* if yes, which documents should go in the new category?

JS: Definitely the ones that are there, and perhaps there are others.

My main concern is this one:
Involving Users in Web Projects for Better, Easier Accessibility

I think the document belongs, but the text below it doesn't emphasize
how it might be useful to end-users to be aware of what WAI is
suggesting to companies/organizations in this regard.

I do think the link-names need to remain constant i.e. they need to
reflect the document name for consistency, if nothing else. I think
the document names are fairly approachable/understandable for folks
who might find this page.

>* if yes, what should it be called? if you were an "average" "user",
>what would words in the navigation would lead you to select them
>thinking that there was material there for you?

JS: I think there have been good suggestions and don't have any
additional to offer at the moment.

I wonder what advocacy organizations might suggest i.e. what they can
see from their site stats in terms of what people are searching for
from search engines that bring them to pages on their sites that are
similar to these.

Jennifer