Re: Scheduling Mobile-Accessibility Overlap document review and publication

Alan Chuter wrote:
> Hi Yeliz, Shawn (reading later),
>
> I just want to comment on some of these points. I'm preparing a version
> to publish probably Thursday as I'll be offline all day tomorrow.
>
>  > - Audience: I deleted this section.  It was discussed in the EO meeting
>  > that that section could be added to the introduction document.
> The "introduction" document is an introduction to the subject in
> general, it's not an introduction to this document. I think it should be
> shortened a lot, but I don't think that moving it to a separate document
> is at all logical.

hum... It looks like from the EOWG minutes, we all agreed to take it out...

>  > the public-bpwg-comments@w3.org for comments. If there is a public EO
>  > list, I think it would be good to add that as well.
> There is the WAI editors list and I've subscribed to it. There doesn't
> seem to be too much traffic. You could subscribe too (send a message to
>  'wai-eo-editors-request@w3.org' with "subscribe" as the subject). I've
> included it.

I'm pretty sure that we decided at the time of the last publication to have all the comments go only to the public-bpwg-comments list. I think it would be too confusing to encourage public comment on two different lists...

>> > - TOC: Added HR before and after the TOC.
>> This should have a text associated with it. Any suggestions? I'm not
>> convinced that this contributes anything to the clarity of the page.
>
> We can add titles such as "separation from Main content " . I quite like
> having those HRs, it gives a clear visual separation between the main
> content and also the TOC. If you look at WCAG 1.0 and WCAG 2.0 specs,
> they both have these.

I suggest not adding titles. I think that's unnecessary clutter. Good heading structure should be enough for screen reader users or others that don't see the <hr>s

I don't feel strongly either way about including <hr>s themselves or not...

>  > - Benefits of Overlapping Requirements: Changed this from "The problem
>  > of multiple overlapping requirements" to address the comments from
> I don't think that the overlaps are a really benefit (If they were then
> we wouldn't be writing this document). What Shawn said (from the
> minutes) is "managing overlapping requirements" which I think is better.

Well, the overlapping requirements are a benefit because if you do one, you're already part way towards meeting the other...

>  > - Differences between WCAG and MWBP: changed this from "priorities"
>  > and also added information about WCAG 2.0 SC levels.
> I think that this section as it stands is very specific. To widen so
> much is misleading. It's not about all the differences between them, but
> simply points out that one has priorities and the other doesn't. On the
> other hand, it could be expanded to cover other differences. I agree
> about the WCAG 2.0 levels.

I agree with Alan. The content of this section is only about the priorities/levels, and this the heading should reflect that... (although I'm not sure that this information is even necessary...)

> I've included your list of changes into the changelog.
>
> I'm attaching the table I suggested. It's very simple, but I think
> really that the bullet list is sufficient as-is. Do you think I should I
> post it to the list?

I like both the table and the list -- although it might be redundant to have both in the end. I agree with including both for now and asking for additional comments...

--
Shawn Lawton Henry, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
about: http://www.w3.org/People/Shawn/