RE: Business Case Overview Comments and Notes

Carol,

Thank you for your review and comments on the business case. I will post
a revised version with your changes and other's changes soon.

Replies to your comments are below surrounded by brackets []. Let me
know if you want to discuss any of them.

Regards,

~ Shawn

[in changelog]- Overview - Overall looks great!  As we discussed in the
call I think

splitting out the Outlines to a new page (Detailed Table of Contents) is
a good

idea.  I do like the Factors in a Business Case for Web Accessibility
section (short

descriptions).

Developing a Custom Business Case Section
[DONE]     1. The Social Factors, Technical Factors, Financial Factors,
Legal &

Policy Factors pages each start with questions to help identify how
these factors

apply to a specific organization's and guide development of a custom
business

case for a specific organziation.
    Change to: To help guide development of a custom business case, the
Social

Factors, Technical Factors, Financial Factors, Legal & Policy Factors
pages each

start with questions to help identify how these factors apply to a
specific

[organization].
     Reason: Puts "action" at beginning of sentence - catches eye more
than list of

docs.

- Social Factors - I like this page especially.  The bolded bullets are
very easy to

read visually.

[DONE] Web [Accessibility] is an Aspect of Corporate Social
Responsibility Section
[tweaked a few. since not necessarily common acronym to audiences, I
left it

spelled out several places.]     1. CSR is spelled out in multiple
sections of the

document.  Not a bad thing, but it is repetitive. I'm not sure what's
best with

acronyms.

Web Accessibility Benefits People with and without Disabilities Section
["where" as a location might be confusing and difficult to translate so
think not

worth shortening by one word for it. broke into two sentences: "Web
accessibility

provides improved access, and thus social inclusion, for other groups of
people

that are often a focus of corporate social responsibility. Below are
examples of

aspects of Web accessibility that benefit others."]    2. Below are
examples of

aspects of Web accessibility that provide improved access and thus
social

inclusion for additional groups of people that are often a focus of
corporate social

responsibility.
    Change to: Below are examples where aspects of Web accessibility
provide

improved access and thus social inclusion for other specific groups of
people that

are often a focus of corporate social responsibility.
    Reason: Sentence is a bit awkward and long.  Even with changes could
be

shortened.

- Technology Factors

Identifying Technical Factors for a Specific Organization Section
[DONE]     1.  Spelling/Grammar: "provide future-compatibility of [your
or the]

technology?

- Financial Factors

Identifying Financial Factors for a Specific Organization Section
[DONE]    1.  Is the organization possibly legally obligated to make
their Web site

accessible, or might it in the future?
    Change to: Is the organization possibly legally obligated to make
their Web site

accessible, or might it {be} in the future?

- Legal and Policy Factors

Identifying Legal and Policy Factors for a Specific Organization Section

[noted in doc for revision]    1. @@ think this needs to be a section
below & not a

question@@ Is it helpful to include the risk of failing to provide
accessible Web

sites?
    I agree that this should be in the Considerations for Different
Types of

Organizations section.  I suggest calling it "Legality" and changing the

subheadings to be "___________ Organizations" in the Considerations
section.

Or create a whole new section just on this subject.

Here are some comments and notes on the Business Case Docs (Editors
discretion).  I am done with the entire document - great job to all!
Brackets are spelling/grammar issues.

Carol J. Smith
carol@kognitive.com